You are here

Access to HE

If you’ve been out of education for some time, didn't take A-levels or their equivalents when you were at school and you now want to go to university, you can enrol in our Access to Higher Education courses which can get you back into learning and prepare you for study at university level. 

Related Pages

Which access course is best for me?

Take a look at the degree areas below to find out which access course is best for you.


Teacher - Social Worker - Journalism - Youth / Community Worker - Psychologist (Child) - Criminologist - Creative Writing    


Zoology - Marine Biology - Paramedic - Nutritionist - Physiotherapy - Podiatry - Physics - Pharmacy - Pharmacology - Ecology and Conservation - Biochemistry - Biomedical Sciences - Biology - Forensic Biology - Food Science - Paramedic Science    

Healthcare Professions

Midwifery - Nursing (Adult) - Nursing (Child) - Nursing (Mental Health) - Paramedic - Paramedic Science - Physiotherapy - Operating Department Practice (ODP) - Radiography - Podiatry - Occupational Therapy - Human Physiology - Healthcare Science - Healthcare Management - Social Work - Speech Therapy - Psychotherapy - Psychology

Sport Science

Teaching Sports - Sport Injuries - Physiotherapy - Osteopathy - Sports Development Officer - Coaching

Did you know?

Advanced Learner Loans are available to cover the cost of full or part time courses for those aged over 19.

Once you have completed an HE course, your outstanding Advanced Learner Loan balance for an Access to HE course can be written off. This means you don’t have to repay it.

The higher education course must be eligible for student finance.

Find out more